The props managers help to define the style and look of film, video and theatrical productions. Working as part of the art and design team, the props manager is responsible for the selection, management and preparation of a wide variety of furnishings, furniture, ornaments and other objects.
The work requires close liaison with carpenters, artists and prop facility house staff. It demands the ability to work to high standards of accuracy and detail and meet often tight deadlines. Props managers have to be resourceful and must have a strong eye for detail to ensure continuity within a production. Props management work may overlap with other roles, such as stage manager.
Typical work activities include:
- Planning and managing the props budget;
- Wworking with the art and design and production teams to agree on the props required;
- Aassisting with set design;
- Ccoordinating the construction and completion of props;
- Ssourcing and acquiring furniture and accessories;
- Aattending production shoots/rehearsals to ensure suitability of props and noting changes that will affect props;
- Iinstructing the cast on the care, maintenance or operation of the props;
- supervising the props assistant;
- overseeing props storage between shoots/rehearsals
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the related field.
Rafi Peer Theatre Workshop is an equal opportunity employer
Women are encouraged to apply
all interested candidates must submit their Cv’s to
Please clearly mention the position title in the subject line of email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
1, Green Acre Farm Housing Society, 7 k.m Raiwind Road, Lahore
Tel : 042 35322290-93